Top 5 ATV Getaways in Texas
What’s one of the biggest differences between a motorcycle and an ATV? You can’t drive an ATV in the city. Fortunately, we live in Texas, where there are many other options where you can take your ATV out for a spin. Thanks to its expansive countryside and unique terrain, the Lone Star State is a perfect playground for ATV aficionados. Between the Texas Hill Country and the Great Plains, you’ll have a vast array of various trails, parks, and back roads to choose from. With summer just around the corner and your ATV up and running, you’ll need to start planning your adventure. Thankfully, we’re here to help! We’ve rounded up the five best ATV getaways in the great state of Texas, enjoy!
- The Rocky Ridge Ranch, Decatur, TX – One of the largest parks in Texas, the Rocky Ridge Ranch offers a diverse collection of different trails and tracks. Visitors can ride through woods, over hills and along riverbeds covering over 650 acres. This park also offers an ATV race arena for some friendly competition as well as some X-Games style ramps for those who like to live a little dangerously. Not only do they offer overnight camping at this park, but it’s also free with some cool amenities! If you need a break from riding you can do some fishing in one of their many lakes.
- Outlaw ATV Park, Crosby, TX – This is one of the top rated ATV parks in all of Texas. Located off the banks of the San Jacinto River, this is the perfect spot for riders who love to get muddy. The park is insanely cheap too – only $5 straight up, no matter how large your party is. If you plan on riding this park, it’s highly recommended that you spend the night at the campgrounds to get the full-intended experience.
- Sam Houston National Forest, New Waverly, TX – If you love trail riding, then this is the spot for you! This park is stretched along Lake Conroe and features over 80 miles of vast sweeping forest trails just waiting to be explored. If you’re planning a trip to this park, make sure you bring your safety gear! Goggles and helmets are required for all riders under the National Parks Service.
- Trophy Club Park, Trophy Club, TX – If you’re craving a sense of adventure, then head on out to this great motorcycle route just outside of Lake Grapevine in Denton. No matter what exciting entertainment you’re looking for, you can and will find it here! This park features a 6-mile ATV trail system that contains 3 different scenic loops. You’ll also encounter a plethora of extra amenities, which include, boating, nature trails, dog parks, disc golf, camping and laser tag! So, bring the kids and the dog for an excellent weekend of outdoor bliss. You won’t regret it!
- Sabine ATV Park, Burkeville, TX – In Far East Texas, near the Louisiana border, rests an ATV park unlike any other. This family friendly park lies along the Sabine River and boasts some great amenities, including electric and water hookups, outdoor campsites, cabins, wash racks, a general store, and various fun activities. If you need a break from riding, stop by the sand bar where you can cool off, have a party, play some volleyball or test out some snorkels. Along with these great entertainment options, you’ll have full access to some amazing ATV trails that are suitable for riders of any age or skill level. From deep-water crossings to shallow creek runs, soggy trails to full on mud bogs, you’re guaranteed a thrilling riding experience at Sabine ATV Park.
Before planning that weekend ATV getaway, now is a great time to make sure that all of your ATV insurance needs are up-to-date. Give us a call to have an agent review your policy to confirm that your auto insurance has the right amount of coverage for your family and your needs. We can also ensure that you are getting the best rate for your policy. You might even qualify for additional discounts, especially if you have your home insured through us!
We hope you stay safe and enjoy the ride!